Each year the SMRC working with Cockburn, East Fremantle, Fremantle, Kwinana, Melville, Toodyay and Northam Councils send residents an updated Resource Recovery Calendar, which includes information on verge collections, and a detailed A-Z list of what items can be placed on the verge.
To download a copy of your local Resource Recovery Calendar click on the links below.
A plain English version is available on request. Please contact us on 08 9329 2700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items will be collected:
- Tree and shrub prunings up to 1.5 metres in length and 350mm in diameter
- Max two trailer loads (6×4 trailer size) or 2 cubic metres of green waste
Collections are picked up by mechanical means. Please don’t place collections next to trees, power poles, walls, street signs, fire hydrants, sprinklers or water meters as these may be damaged.
Please don’t place bags/boxes of leaves or lawn clippings out as these will not be collected.
The following items will NOT be collected:
- Bags or boxes of leaves or grass clippings
- Weeds and root materials
- Sand and soil materials
- Dug out lawn
- Leaves and lawn clippings (place these in your green top bin)
- General rubbish
- Junk or white goods (these will only be collected during the annual junk verge collections)
When placing items out for verge collections please don’t:
- Obstruct the footpath, your normal bin services or the line of sight of pedestrians, cyclists or cars
- Place your green waste on vacant properties or public reserves
- Place your green waste inside your property line
- Tie bundles of green waste together
For your verge collection dates please contact your Local Council.