The HHW Program provides funding for the collection and appropriate disposal of HHW collected from the thirteen collection sites in WA. At any of these sites, public can drop off their unwanted HHW for free, even if they are not a resident of the area.
Accepted materials through the HHW program:
• Acids and alkalis
• Batteries (household)
• Engine coolants and glycols
• Fire extinguishers – non halon (red) only
• Fluorescent lamps and tubes
• Gas cylinders (small household)
• Household chemicals (e.g. cleaners)
• Pool chemicals
• Smoke detectors
• Unknown chemicals (must be sealed, chemical resistant containers)
The program can only accept domestic quantities of materials (no larger than 20kg/20l).
This program is funded by the Waste Authority through the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Account.