Contents from your waste composting bin (green-topped), collected weekly, are processed at the RRRC into high quality compost used in local farming. All food, organic and household waste, grass clippings and small prunings go into your waste composting bin (green-topped). NOTE: To ensure this waste stream is not contaminated and the composting process is not compromised, please keep the following items out of your green composting bin:
- NO Glass (ALL glass goes in your recycling bin (yellow-topped).
- NO Batteries. Place batteries into community Battery Disposal Bins.
- NO Hazardous Waste: petrol, gas cylinders, paints, motor oils & fluids, garden chemicals & poisons, pool chemicals, cleaners, acids, bleaches & ammonia, medicines & flammable liquids.
- NO Medical waste or needles.
- NO Construction, demolition & building materials (no bricks, sand, soil, concrete, rocks or asbestos).
For a list of more items go to, Resource Recovery A-Z